|Director of MSc in Accounting & Control in Businesses & Public Sector|
|Director of Lab in Accounting and Control|
|Office:||413 (Main Building)|
|Phone:||+30 210 414 2116|
John Sorros is Professor at the Department of Organization and Administration of the School of Economics, Business and International Studies of the University of Piraeus. He holds a Ph.D. degree from the University of Piraeus and a degree in Business Administration of Athens University of Economics and Business. and has a long professional and educational experience. In the field of business, he has been active for more than 30 years in various branches of the private and wider Public Sector, from various positions, as an Administrative Officer, CFO, Deputy CEO and Management Advisor.
He has taught at the Athens University of Economics and Business, the University of Patras, the University of the Aegean, the Open University and the University of Piraeus, as well as important educational institutions such as the Institute of Education of the Body of Certified Public Accountants.
He has conducted a series of economic studies and has authored himself with other books and scientific articles published in scientific and professional journals.
Finally, he participates in national and international scientific conferences and committees of the Ministry of Finance and the Economic Chamber in matters of accounting and taxation.
- Cost Analysis (5th semester)
- Managerial Accounting (7th semester)
- Audit and Internal Audit (8th semester)
- The Adoption of Activity-Based Costing: A Survey of the Education Sector of Greece, J. Sorros, A. Karagiorgos and N. Βelesis, Journal of International Advances in Economic Research, revised and accepted 24/5/2017
- “Tax Audit Effectiveness in Greek Firms: Tax Auditors Perceptions” , Drogalas G., Sorros J., Karagiorgou D., Diavastis I., Journal of Accounting and Taxation, Vol. 7 (7), pp. 123-130, 2015
- “Differences in earnings management between audited and non-audited private manufacturing firms: evidence from Greece”, with V. Zisis, Int. J. Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp 84 – 105, 2015
- “The Reliability of Impairment Tests: The Case of Vessels”, J Sorros, N Belesis, A Karagiorgos Procedia Economics and Finance 32, 1787-1793
- "The Role of R&D Expenses for Profitability: Evidence from U.S. Fossil and Renewable Energy Firms" , with N. Apergis, will be published in the Vol. 6, No. 3, pp 8 -15, March 2014 issue of "International Journal of Economics and Finance"
- “Predicting Earnings Using Cost Accounts Ratios: Evidence from Manufacturing Listed Firms”, Journal Annales Universitatis Apuleius Series Oeconomica, Vol 15 (2) pp 450 – 458, 2013
- “Accounting Information the Cost of Capital and Excess Stock Returns: The Role of Earnings Quality – Evidence from Panel Data”, with N. Apergis, G. Artikis, S. Eleftheriou, International Business Research, Vol 5 No 2, 2/2012
- “Accounting Information and Excess Stock Returns: The Role of the Cost of Capital-New Evidence from U.S. Firm Level Data”, with N. Apergis, G. Artikis, S. Eleftheriou, Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 22 p.p. 321-329, 2012
- “Accounting Information and Cost of Capital: A Theoretical Approach” (with N. Apergis, S. Eleftheriou, G. Artikis), Modern Economy, Vol 2, No 4, 9/2011
- “The Role of Fixed Capital Depreciation for TFP Growth: Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data Estimates”, Journal of Economics and Finance, 37 (4), pp 606-621, 2013 with N. Apergis
- “Asset Pricing and Foreign Exchange Risk” (with N. Apergis and P. Artikis), Research in International Business and Finance, Vol 25, p.p. 308-328, 2011
- Bankruptcy probability and Stock prices: The Effect of Altman Z-Score Information on Stock Prices: from Panel Data” (with N. Apergis, P. Artikis and V. Zisis), Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, Vol. 7 No 8, pp 689 –696, 2011
- “Profitability Performance and the Role of Manufacturing Cost: Evidence from a Panel of US Manufacturing Firms” (with N. Apergis and Steven Johnson), Global Review of Accounting and Finance Vol. 2 No 1, March 2011
- “Long-Term Debt and the Value of the Firm: Evidence from International Listed Manufacturing Firms” (with N. Apergis), Review of Economics & Finance Vol. 1 2011, pp 60-72
- “Accounting Information and the Cost of Capital: The Effect on Excess Stock Returns – Evidence from Panel Data” (with G. Artikis and S. Eleftheriou), Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 1 No 1 December 2010.
- “Disaggregated Earnings and Stock Prices: Evidence from International Listed Shipping Firms” (with N. Apergis), International Advances in Economic Research, Vol. 16, 3 pp 269-281, August 2010
- “The Role of Disaggregated Earnings for Stock Prices, Evidence from Listed Shipping Firms and Panel Tests” (with N. Apergis), Research on Applied Economics, Vol. 1 No. 1, 2009
- “Risk Measurement of the Bond Mutual Funds Operating in Greece”, European Research Studies, Vol. VI, Issue (3-4), 2003
- “Is There an Appropriate Measure of Managerial Skill & Performance?” (With Andreas G Merikas and Anna A Merika), Managerial Finance, Vol. 31, Number 2 2005, pp87-100
- “Return and Risk Analysis: A Case Study in Equity Mutual Funds Operating in the Greek Financial Market”, Journal of Managerial Finance, Vol.29, Number 9 2003, pp 21-28
- Problems and Solutions in Financial Accounting, with C. Kazantzis, Business Plus AE, Piraeus, 2005
- Problems and Solutions in Cost Accounting, with C. Kazantzis, Business Plus AE, Piraeus, 2006
- Cost Accounting, with C. Kazantzis, Business Plus AE, Piraeus, 2009
- Managerial Accounting, with C. Kazantzis, Business Plus AE, Piraeus, 2012
- Advanced Management Accounting, R. KAPLAN – A. ATKINSON, Greek Edition, Broken Hill, 2017
- Managerial Accounting, NEEDLES – POWERS – CROSSON, Greek Edition, BrokenHill, 2017
- Principles of Accounting, NEEDLES – POWERS – CROSSON, Greek Edition Broken Hill, 2016
- Financial Accounting, HARISSON – HORNGREN – THOMAS, Greek Edition Broken Hill, 2015
The office hours for the spring semester 2018-2019 are:
- Tuesday: 10:00-12:00
- Wednesday: 12:00-13:00
For the full CV press here.