|Office:||413 (Main Building)|
|Phone:||+30 210 414 2381|
|Sector:||Accounting and Finance|
Vasileios Zisis holds an assistant professor position at the Department of Business Administration at the University of Piraeus since 2009. He graduated from the department of Business Administration of the Athens University of Economics and Business with a bachelor degree in Business Administration (with specialization in Accounting and Financial Management) in 1996. He received his M.A in Accounting and Finance and his Ph.D. in Accounting and Finance from Lancaster University.
He has taught at Lancaster University, at the Athens University of Economics and Business, at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and at the University of Piraeus at undergraduate and postgraduate courses. He has been teaching, since 1998, at the beginning as tutor and then as a full time or part time lecturer. He has also been employed at the financial department of various firms, he holds the upper class accountant qualification and he has been working in research groups, funded by E.U., with accounting or financial research orientation.
Vasileios’ teaching experience includes courses related to most areas of accounting, namely financial accounting, managerial and cost accounting, accounting information systems, auditing and internal control. His research interests focus on capital market based research in accounting, financial statement analysis and the value relevance of accounting numbers.
- Financial Accounting I (2nd semester)
- Financial Accounting II (3rd semester)
- International Accounting (Elective)
- Accounting Plans (Elective)
- The asymmetric timeliness in the reporting of good and bad news of firms that trade in the Athens Stock Exchange, European Research Studies, 2004, Vol. VII (3-4), pp.103-127.
- A bird’s eyes view of the dividend policy of the banking industry in Greece, 2007, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 11, pp. 21 – 29.
- Shareholders’ Reaction and Financing Issues Related to the Initiation of Treatment Projects for Costly Diseases: Evidence from Greece, 2007, International Bulletin of Business Administration, Issue 2, pp. 43 – 50.
- The Development of Telemedicine Projects by Private Health Institutions in Greece: Shareholders’ Reaction and Best Financing Methods, European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, 2008, Issue 11, pp. 143 - 152.
- Loose risk management mechanisms of corporate governance of Greek firms; rewards to board from earnings that are not based on performance incentive plans, 2008, International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management, Vol. 9, No’s 1/2, pp. 104 -120.
- The effect of asymmetric timeliness in the reporting of good and bad news on the properties of profitability; Evidence from the Athens Stock Exchange 2009, Managerial Finance, Vol. 35, Issue 11, pp. 918-929.
- Bankruptcy Probability and Stock Prices: The Effect of ALTMAN Z-Score Information on Stock Prices: Evidence from Panel Data, 2011, Modern Accounting and Auditing, Vol.7, No. 7, pp. 689 – 699.
For the full CV click here.