|Office:||411 (Main Building)|
|Phone:||+30 210 414 2200|
Panagiotis G. Artikis is a Professor at the University of Piraeus, Department of Business Administration. Having obtained a BBA from the Athens University of Economics and Business, Dr Artikis went to the University of Birmingham to obtain an MBA in International Banking and Finance and subsequently did his PhD in Finance at the University of Bradford.
Prior to his academic career Dr Artikis worked for over ten years as a Fund Manager, specializing in equities, at two Mutual Fund Management Companies based in Athens. He has been awarded the professional qualification of “Portfolio Manager” from the Hellenic Capital and Markets Committee. Furthermore, he is currently member of the investment committee of a private pension fund responsible for the strategic asset allocation of the fund.
Dr Artikis’ research, professional and teaching interests are in the areas of corporate finance, portfolio management, performance evaluation, risk management, asset pricing, financial modeling and wealth creation. He has published several papers in international refereed journals, edited volumes and conferences. His work has appeared in journals such as Managerial Finance, Applied Financial Economics Letters, Risk Management Journal, The Journal of Risk Finance, Research in International Business and Finance, Journal of International Financial Markets Institutions and Money, British Accounting Review and Journal of Economic Assymetries.
Dr Artikis has over twenty years of teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate level and distance learning, as well as in executive seminars and he has supervised several MBA dissertations and Doctoral Theses. Furthermore, Dr Artikis has received several teaching excellence awards from the Athens University of Economics and Business MBA for executives.
- Portfolio Management (6th semester)
- Risk Management (7th semester)
- Fixed Income Securities (Elective)
- Artikis, P., Papanastasopoulos, G., 2019. Assymetries in the Persistence and Pricing of Cash Flows, Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Forthcoming.
- Artikis, P., 2018. Market Efficiency and Fundamental Valuation. Evidence from the German Stock Exchange.The Journal of Prediction Markets, 12(2), PP.26-46.
- Artikis, P., 2018. The Role of Liquidity Risk in Asset Pricing: Evidence from the UK Stock Exchange. The Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, 6(2).
- Artikis, P., Papanastasopoulos, G., 2016. Implications of the Cash Component of Earnings for Earnings. The British Accounting Review, 48(2), pp.117-133.
- Apergis, N., Artikis, P., Kyriazis, D., 2015. Does Stock Market Liquidity Explain Economic Activity? New Evidence from Two Large European Stock Markets. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 38, pp.42-64.
- Apergis, N., Artikis, P., Sorros, J., 2010. Asset Pricing and Foreign Exchange Risk. Research in International Business and Finance, 25, pp.308-328.
- Artikis, P., Mutenga, S., Staikouras, S., 2008. Corporate Bancassurance Structures: The Case of Greece. Risk Management, 10, pp.85-103.
- Artikis, P., Mutenga, S., Staikouras, S., 2008. A Practical Approach to Blend Insurance in the Banking Network. The Journal of Risk Finance, 9(2), pp.106-124.
- Artikis, P., Kalotychou, E., Staikouras, S., 2007. Interest Rate Fluctuations and the UΚ Financial Services Industry. Applied Financial Economics Letters, 3(5), pp.343–347.
- Artikis, P., 2002. Evaluation of Equity Mutual Funds Operating in the Greek Financial Market. Managerial Finance, 28(5), pp.27–54.
- Artikis, P., 2001. Risk analysis of bond mutual funds: a case study in the Greek financial market. Managerial Finance, 27(6), pp.42–59.
- Artikis, P., Artikis, G., 1999. A Stochastic Simulation Approach to Financial Forecasting Using Simultaneous Equations. Managerial Finance, 25(8), pp. 12-21.
- Artikis, P., 1999. A Capital Budgeting Stochastic Simulation Model Applied in the Banking Industry. Managerial Finance, 25(8), pp. 1-11.
- “Management of Value and Risk”, Interbooks, 2009.
- “Portfolio Management”, Interbooks, 2009.
The office hours for the spring semester 2018-2019 are:
- Tuesday: 11:00-13:00
For the full CV click here.