|Office:||411 (Main Building)|
|Phone:||+30 210 414 2200|
|Sector:||Accounting and Finance|
Panayiotis G. Artikis is an Associate Professor at the University of Piraeus, Department of Business Administration. He has obtained a Bachelor in Business Administration from the Economic University of Athens, an MBA in International Banking and Finance from the University of Birmingham, and his PhD in Finance from the University of Bradford.
Dr Artikis’ research, professional and teaching interests are in the areas of corporate finance, portfolio management, performance evaluation, risk management, asset pricing, financial modeling and wealth creation. He has published several papers in international refereed journals, edited volumes and conferences. His work has appeared in journals such as Applied Financial Economics Letters, Risk Management Journal, The Journal of Risk Finance, Journal of International Business and Economy, European Research Studies and Journal of Managerial Finance. He is member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Economic Research.
Dr Artikis is the author of two books in the area of valuation, risk management and portfolio management. He has over ten years of teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as in executive seminars and he has supervised several MBA dissertations and PhD theses. Furthermore, Dr Artikis has received several teaching excellence awards from the Executive MBA program of the Athens University of Economics and Business. He is a Member of the Greek Economic Chamber and the Hellenic Accounting and Finance Association.
Prior to his academic career Dr Artikis worked for over ten years as a Fund Manager, specializing in equities, at two Mutual Fund Management Companies based in Athens. He was award the professional qualification of “Portfolio Manager” from the Hellenic Capital and Markets Committee.
- Fixed Income Securities (5th semester)
- Portfolio Management (6th semester)
- Risk Management (8th semester)
- Apergis, N., Artikis, P., Mamatzakis, E., 2012. Is weather important for US banking? A study of bank loan inefficiency. Journal of Applied Finance and Banking, 2(3), 1-38.
- Apergis, N., Artikis, P., 2012. Weather Conditions and the Bank Lending Channel: A GMM Approach from US Banking. International Journal of Financial Research, 3(2).
- Artikis, P., Nifora, G., 2011. Leverage and Returns in Three Countries of Southern European Region. European Research Studies, XIV(4), pp.3-26.
- Artikis, P., Nifora, G., 2011. The Industry Effect on the Relationship between Leverage & Returns. Eurasian Business Review, 1(2), pp.125-145.
- Apergis N., Sorros, J., Artikis, P., Zisis, V., 2011. Bankruptcy Probability and Stock Prices: The Effect of ALTMAN Z-score Information on Stock Prices: Evidence from Panel Data. Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, 7(8), pp.689-696.
- Artikis, P., Nifora, G., 2011. Capital Structure, Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Returns. Evidence from Greece. International Advances in Economic Research.
- Apergis, N., Artikis, P., Sorros, J., 2010. Asset Pricing and Foreign Exchange Risk. Research in International Business and Finance, 25, pp.308-328.
- Artikis, P., 2010. Equity Risk Factors and Macroeconomic Growth in Greece. International Advances in Economic Research, 16, pp.328-329.
- Artikis, P., Vrakas, S., and Karmi, E., 2010. Factors Affecting Expected Stock Returns, Evidence from the Secondary & the Tertiary Sectors of the Athens Stock Exchange. International Journal of Financial Services Management, 4(3), pp.175-198.
- Artikis, P., Mutenga, S., Staikouras, S., 2008. Corporate Bancassurance Structures: The Case of Greece. Risk Management, 10, pp.85-103.
- Artikis, P., Mutenga, S., Staikouras, S., 2008. A Practical Approach to Blend Insurance in the Banking Network. The Journal of Risk Finance, 9(2), pp.106-124.
- Artikis, P., Kalotychou, E., Staikouras, S., 2007. Interest Rate Fluctuations and the UΚ Financial Services Industry. Applied Financial Economics Letters, 3(5), pp.343–347.
- Artikis, P., 2005. Value Based Corporate Finance in the Secondary Sector in Greece. European Research Studies, VIII(3-4), pp.77-84.
- Artikis, P., 2002. Evaluation of Equity Mutual Funds Operating in the Greek Financial Market. Managerial Finance, 28(5), pp.27–54
- Artikis, P., 2001. Risk analysis of bond mutual funds: a case study in the Greek financial market. Managerial Finance, 27(6), pp.42–59.
- Artikis, P., Artikis, G., 1999. A Stochastic Simulation Approach to Financial Forecasting Using Simultaneous Equations. Managerial Finance, 25(8), pp. 12-21.
- Artikis, P., 1999. A Capital Budgeting Stochastic Simulation Model Applied in the Banking Industry. Managerial Finance, 25(8), pp. 1-11.
- Artikis P. «Portfolio Management», Interbooks, Athens, 2011.
- Artikis P. «Risk Management and Valuation», Interbooks, Athens, 2010.
The office hours for the spring semester 2017-2018 are:
- Tuesday: 11:00-13:00
- Friday: 15:00-17:00
For the full CV click here.