From the academic year 1995-1996 the Departrment of Business Administration of the University of Piraeus started the Postgraduate Programs:
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.).
- Master in Business Administration – Total Quality Management International (M.B.A.-Total Quality Management International).
- Master in Business Administration – Tourism Management (M.B.A. – Tourism Management).
- Executive Master in Business Administration (E-M.Β.Α.).
- MSc in Accounting and Control of Businesses and Public Sector.
These prostgraduate programs aim to prepare, at an advanced level, executives and consultants able to cope with the complex and dynamic global economic environment, contributing to business processes that enhance competitiveness. Although these MBAs differ in their curricula, they have certain characteristics in common:
- Candidates must have a bachelor degree (recognized by DOATAP-for graduates of foreign universities), very good knowledge of English (Cambridge Proficiency level), GMAT, TOEFL and two letters of recommendation. In MBA program, GMAT is obligatory. All the above are evaluated by special committees of the Department of Business Administration.
- The MBA program lasts three semesters full time. In the third semester, a dissertation in cooperation with a company or organization is required. MBA-TQM and MBA-Tourism Management programs last three semesters, except in cases in which the students MBA-TQM prefer to use a fourth semester to continue their studies at an Interconnected Foreign University, if positions are available.
- The Department grants partial or full scholarships to postgraduate students, taking into account their performance.
- Candidates pay a fee, the amount of which is determined by the General Assembly of Special Composition of the Department.
- Attendance is mandatory.