The Department of Business Administration primarily prepares students to work in a business setting. However, the diverse specialisms covered by the course provide students with a wide range of career opportunities. The main employment opportunities are in the following areas (not listed in order of importance):
- Various service sectors
- Commercial enterprises
- Civil service
- Tourism enterprises
- Transport companies
In addition, the education received by our graduates enables them to work in areas where they are required to handle complex data and have a detailed understanding of the relationship between different functions and economic institutions, and where decision making is based on the interaction of domestic and international factors. These include:
- Small and medium-sized businesses
- Consultancy and market research firms
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Business and public sector research centres
- Associations, chambers of commerce, cooperatives
- Publishing in economics and related fields
- All kinds of international organizations
The training provided by the Department also equips graduates to work as:
- Professional accountants
- Chartered accountants or auditors
- Business financial advisors
- Public relations or human resources executives in businesses and organizations
- Liquidators or arbitrators
Studies in the Department of Business Administration allow graduates to work successfully, as mentioned above, in government services and organizations, where an understanding of legislation, respect for the law, and awareness of transparency must be combined with the need for effective performance. They are also equipped to handle relations between businesses and national and international institutions. Examples of employment of this kind include:
- International institutions or organizations.
- Central and local government services.
- Local government organizations.
- Private and public hospitals and other healthcare providers.
- Cultural centres and services.
- Private non-profit organizations.
- Real estate and investment services firms on the national and international level.
- Education (as teachers of economics and related fields).