|Office:||410 (Main Building)|
|Phone:||+30 210 414 2140|
Nickolaos V. Tsangarakis is a professor of Finance in the Department of Business Administration of the University of Piraeus. Previously, he worked in the banking sector and at the Ministry of Finance as a special scientist. He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Piraeus. An MBA from Loyola University of Chicago and a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Piraeus.
He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses, such as: Financial Management, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Working Capital Management, Business Strategy and Policy, Business Valuation and Financial Accounting. He has also taught Finance at the graduate level at the Athens University of Economics and Business and other departments of the University of Piraeus. Also, he teaches Financial Management at the Hellenic Open University.
His research has been published in journals, such as: Financial Management, European Financial Management, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Applied Financial Economics and others and has served as a reviewer for many journals. His research has been presented at international conferences in the US, European countries, and Asia. Currently his research interests include: dividend policy, mergers and acquisitions, share buyback, market efficiency, and fund raising.
- Financial Management I (Investment Decisions) (4th semester)
Financial Management (5th semester):
- Financial Management II (Financing Decisions - 50%)
- Financial Management III (Analysis & Planning - 50%)
- “Price Adjustment Method and Ex-dividend Day Returns in a Different Institutional Setting”, (2015), International Review of Financial Analysis, 41, October, pp.1-12, (with P Asimakopoulos and Ε. Tsipitakis)
- “Shareholders Wealth Effects and Intra-industry Signals from European Financial Institution Consolidation Announcements” Applied Financial Economics, (2013), 23, pp.1765-1782, (with Η. Tsigotakis, and Ε. Tsipitakis).
- "Share repurchase on the Athens Stock", (2010), Studies for the Greek Financial System, Athens University of Economics and Business, Editor Η. Tzavalis, pp.667-83.
- "Stock splits in a neutral transaction cost environment. Evidence from the ASE", (2009), Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 19, 3, pp.12-25, (with G. Leledakis, G. Papaioannou and Ν. Travlos).
- "The day-of-the-week effect in the Athens Stock Exchange (ASE)", (2007), Applied Financial Economics, 17, pp.1447-54.
- "Price limits and overreaction in the Athens Stock Exchange", (2005), Applied Financial Economics, 15, 1, pp.53-61, (with G. Diakogiannis, Ν. Patsalis, and Ε. Tsipitakis).
- "The Price Performance of IPOs in Greece", (2004), Managerial Finance, 27, 10, pp.26-44
- "Valuation Effects of Greek Stock Dividend Distributions", (2000), European Financial Management, 6, 4, pp.515-31, (with G. Papaioannou and Ν. Travlos).
- "Shareholders Wealth Effects of Equity Issues in Emerging Markets. Evidence from Rights Offerings in Greece", (1996), Financial Management, 25, 3, pp.21-32.
- "Equity Rights Issues: Signaling vs. Issue Price Irrelevance Hypothesis", (1996), European Financial Management, 2, 3, pp.299-310.